HybridZ

Pep Boys Fast and Furious seats

Z-TARD

Checked prices on racing seats at Pep Boys today. The seats are made by 3A racing and appear to be pretty well made. Kinda on the firm side though. Cloth version was $179, Perforated vinyl was $169, and simulated leather (I guess its vinyl, but it feels like leather to me) were $229. Price includes universal sliders as well. I just got seats out of a 2000 camaro for my car, but I think I'm probably gonna yank them out to install a set of these. If I dont, I'm sure I'll kick myself in the ass for it later. Just thought I'd let you guys in on this, since I havent seen seats this cheap anywhere, ever.

Mike

I dug around on their site too, eventually I found seats made by 3A, but it said they were $329 ea. Looked like the same seat too. I double checked at Pep Boys when I saw the price, and its not a typo.......shrug. I plan on buying a set anyway, before they realize how much they are undercharging for these things :D

Auxilary and I were in Pep Boys yesterday and I'll give you my take on them:

1) They look decent and are made of either smooth vinyl, dimpled vinyl 2-tone, or cloth.

2) They seem to come in 3 models, the cloth one being the widest at the butt (felt roomy, but not that I really needed it)

3) They are reasonably priced and can be mounted universally

4) But the biggest concern is this: you had better be short or have a short torso, because the holes for the seatbelts are WAY TOO LOW for me and in the event of an accident, you are talking SPINAL COMPRESSION INJURY.

Of course you guys would never have an accident, right? Track only stuff fur sure.

Be careful when you look at them for that last reason above. It looks like they were made for 'short people' as my compadre noted since they are made in Japan(?)...

Davy

Guest spunkysandoval

they do. I work at pep boys. I've been eyeing those seats since I got there. the cloth ones are the most comfortable. The other ones are just too big. The leather like one wraps around too much and my shoulders are cramped.

One problem with those seats, and I admit they do look nice, is that at a good price, and sold at such an omni present outlet as Pep Boys, every Tom, Dick and Harry are going to have those seats in their rice mobiles, which would make it look like a ricey Z car in the long run. At least with MOMO, Spearco, Corbeau etc, the price puts it out of reach for the low buck ricer boys.

That said, I may buy a set for my second 240 when I get around to dropping in the ZXT motor from my 83.

Tim

One problem with those seats, and I admit they do look nice, is that at a good price, and sold at such an omni present outlet as Pep Boys, every Tom, Dick and Harry are going to have those seats in their rice mobiles, which would make it look like a ricey Z car in the long run. Tim

Geez, Tim! You've been on this board long enough to know the answer to this one. If you don't like what something looks like, CHANGE IT! A can of professional quality fabric dye will cure what ails ya. Change the blue areas to black (and eliminate that darned APC logo) and those seats would look just like Sparcos.

And Davy, the seat harness holes only affect those folks who are actually running with a harness. Most of APC's customers will probably continue running the stock belt, which will then ride too high and strangle them. Submarining won't be an issue. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I saw those seats at Pep Boys the other day too, and thought they looked pretty good. I bought a set of Miata seats a few good months ago that I have not installed yet though.

DK

For that price I would go ahead and get some. I have the Corbeau seats that look similar to those and I'm very happy with them. At the time that I bought them I would have proubably bought the Pepboys model because of price. Also if your seats are as crapped out as mine were then you really need new seats.