HybridZ

How many people actually want a g-nose? (interest poll)

Guest the_dj

Guest the_dj

I have a 2 piece g-nose, not the coveted 5 piece, but it does look good. If I was to pull a mold from mine, and create some fiberglass copies, how many people would be actually interested in buying one? If it's only 1-2 people interested, then I'll probably hold off, but if 5 people are wanting one, I'd MAKE SURE it was done (and done perfectly).

This is a basic interest poll, as this would be quite an investment for me. :) If done, the price would be similar to the prices offered by prior sellers of g-nose kits. I'm sure I could work it a bit cheaper if more people wanted one than if only a couple did. :)

-Sam

Guest Anonymous

what kinda price range would it be at?

I don't have my Z yet...But when I do, G-Nose is planned. I was trying to figure out where I could come across a kit, maybe from Japan? But I havent been too successful.

How are you going to deal with the discontinued hinges problem? Do you have any pics of the kit that you have?

Thanks

Guest the_dj
what kinda price range would it be at?

I don't have my Z yet...But when I do' date=' G-Nose is planned. I was trying to figure out where I could come across a kit, maybe from Japan? But I havent been too successful.

How are you going to deal with the discontinued hinges problem? Do you have any pics of the kit that you have?

Thanks[/quote']

I can't make a final price on it at all, but I figure somewhere around $750 like the other kits sell for.

The hood hinges are really simple, I plan to make and sell them as an extra with the kit. :)

Guest Anonymous

it would be great to see some pics of the kit, as well as the kit on the car.

What will the kit replace? Can you also make the headlight covers like in the original G-Nose? Because i think those are hard to come by as well.

Thanks

Guest the_dj
what year Z's would it fit?

It'd be an exact copy of mine, which fits a '78 280Z. I assume it would fit anything from '70-'78 but I'm not sure. :) I don't have anything other than mine that I can test it on; I'd need to test fit it on some other Z's before I knew the answer to this. :)

Sam

:-D I have the MSA G-Nose attached to my 72 with hinges I had fabricated from an original Nissan hinge provided by Mike Kelly. The good news is that they work just like they need too (ie., the hood doesn't move forward and hit the nose). The not so good news is that the tension rods won't hold the hood up by itself and the hood support rod will need to be reconfigured. That said, I will post on prices for the hinges as soon as we make some small cosmetic changes. As to the MSA g-nose itself, it took a very good bodyshop over 10 hours to get it to fit right. The cost of the nose itself!! It seems the section in front of the hood is nearly 2 inches too short and they cut the inverted portion (mirrors the hood) out and added a section behind it to bring it up to the right location. The headlight buckets had no provisions for attachment to the car as well.

:) I'll tell Glen McCoy that those OE Nissan hinges finally were of use to someone! He lent them to me for Mike to copy, then Mike sent them to you.

I'd be great if someone could make a nice 2 pc version from a correct 2pc install.

• 8 months later...