HybridZ

Compatible seats

Forrest

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to stick s13 or s14 (240sx) seats in a first gen Z. I'd like to know if they'd fit. The ones I've seen are light, hold you in, and already have holes for a harness. What do you think? (I'd also be interested to hear about any other seats that will fit.)

-Forrest

I didn't see anything in this forum, I guess this post should be in Misc Tech (feel free to move it). I only saw one post about 240sx seats. I like the Miata seats and everything but the s13 seats with the hole for harnesses looked ideal.

Thanks for trying to help, I apologize that I wasn't clear in my response. I found and read all of those threads when I searched the Misc Tech forum. I mentioned that I didn't find anything searching the Paint and Body forum to point out that I had incorrectly chosen the forum to search and post on this topic, and that maybe this post should be moved. I wasn't trying to say that there was nothing out there, although as far as my main question, which is about whether or not s13 seats will fit and how difficult will it be to install them, I can't find any previous posts. I emailed the guy who just posted about buying some off of ebay, and he said that he will be posting information on the install after he does it, so anyone else that is interested, stay tuned.

I'd like to have really nice expensive racing seats, but they're "taking a back seat" to my other expenses. The s13 seats are really appealing, functionalitywise, even if they look a little plain (and won't match my interior.) Hopefully they will not be too hard to install.

Offtopic, I just read your post about the Megastim, Tim, and I am looking forward to your article. My digikey order just came this morning, now I'm just waiting on the partial kits. Did you get a Megaview kit by any chance?

-Forrest

Guest 240hybrid

I think you emailed me about this same topic forrest, but I'll be finding out here in about a week and a 1/2 to 2 weeks. I bought that seat that I posted on the "help me pick my seats" topic. I'll have to find another passenger side at a junkyard, but hopefully that wont be too hard or expensive. Im wondering how close the mounts are myself, will post about the install when done.

Did you have to make adapter plates to make the seats fit on Z rails, drill new holes and use the prelude rails, or any other modifications to get them to bolt in? I assume you're happy with the seating position you end up in.