HybridZ

Boosting in first

Ok, from what i thought was normal on this car, i read something different. Does anyone else have 0 boost in 1st and normal boost in every other gear? This may sound stupid, but i was told that the Z didnt boost in first gear before as mine doesnt, I figured from traction issues, and normal in the rest. I was reading bout some boosting quite high in first. Is something broken?

you need to check for leaks and also a bad wastegate actuator or sticky valve. it should booste some. if 1st is really fast you may not hit full booste because of tire spin. if you dont have the motor loaded its harder for the turbo to build booste.

On my 83 ZXT, the boost gauge doesn't go up very much in first (although first is a very quick gear, so I am in second very soon), but I do hear the BOV venting when I shift, so I know it's boosting some, and as soon as I shift to second and hammer it the needle pegs at 6 pounds or so.

Tim