HybridZ

Anyone using MegaSquirt on L6-Turbo?

Tim240z

My MS is almost ready. Anyone done this already and can give some pointers?

Can I just get some JY connectors for the injectors and TPS, and just unplug the OEM ones and leave them hanging? Will this cause the OEM computer (which will obviously be controlling spark) to have a hissy fit?

Anyone have some fuel tables?

Thanks,

Tim

Guest Rodney Sparks

I'm going to be megasquirting my Neon, which has a distributorless ignition system that is run by the computer. I was planning on putting some dummy load (~15 ohms) in place of the stock injectors, so the stock computer at least sees something there. Just remember that if you have computer controlled ignition advance, the computer will need to use the TPS. You could either rig up an additional TPS, or splice into the existing one... exactly how a person would do that is beyond me, and would be application-specific.

-Rodney

Then I guess I am the only one right now running on a MS unit. I am using a manifold of a 280Z on my L26. MSD pump, FPR of a alfa romeo 156 TS, Injectors of a pontiac fiero, TB of a fiero also. It runs great. The tuning was not very hard. The only problem I have right now is the pickup and returnline in the fuel tank are not that good. I plan on having new ones welded in this week. Beats carbs thats for sure.

Xander

I got all my stuff yesterday, no idea as to a completion date and knowing my luck I'm not going to venture a guess.

Tim, what is your plan as for a signal to the MS, off the distributor itself - or off the ign signal? Are you going to run the stock distributor/computer setup for ign?

Haven't figured that one out yet. Still have to figure out why my megasquirt does get recognized by the PC :roll:

I am going to keep the stock ignition setup for now. Maybe megaspark down the road.

Tim