HybridZ

Anyone have pics of their BOV's?

Guest bastaad525

Guest bastaad525

Okay so I've seen pics of BOV's by themselves, and taken a good look at the '81 ZXT motor I'm putting into my car... and I can't figure out where or how you would put a BOV on there. Was wondering if someone could describe to me where you would put it, with pics if you have any? Is it something I'm gonna have to have done at a machine shop or mechanics?

Does it matter if I recirculate it back into the intake or just leave it open? By the way I'm definately gonna get a 1G DSM BOV unless I find a good deal on something else. I'm gonna start buying the parts that I'm putting in with this motor, and just trying to figure out where everything goes :)

Oh by the way the definate list of parts going in with the engine are: the BOV, Sard adjustabe FPR, Autometer boost gauge where the clock is in the dash, and a manual boost controller, not sure what brand yet but one of those ones that looks like it belongs under your sink more than it does in your car :) Wasnt gonna get the FPR at first but it seems everyone who has run 10psi of boost on pretty much stock motors says they seem to run really lean at the top. Another question, what is the stock fuel pressure for this EFI running the stock FPR?

Guest bastaad525

Thanks for the pic Yo... I can't really tell exactly what's going on there :lol: but uhhhh... heheh well I can see what I wanted to see, and that is that obviously I'll have to have the stock intake pipe modified to allow the BOV to bolt on. I kinda always thought that there were places to bolt this stuff on already.

Tim.... you have a turbo too???? Didn't notice any other Z's parked on the street that day you fixed my carbs. To have a turbo AND an LT1.... or is it LS1 I always get them mixed up..... either way..... you're a very lucky guy :) Yeah sure maybe I could cruise by your job and take a look at your car, chatsworth is right up the street from me. I'll drop you another email.

Guest bastaad525

Stony, your pic isnt showing up dood

nm I just copied and pasted the link from the properties... I'm guessing that's an RB engine?