HybridZ

Came out wayyy better than I had hoped - headers!

Tim240z

Just got my homemade Tri-Y's back from Rewarder Headers (great company btw...customer service is excellent!!) after being high temp coated.

Here is a before picture:

fbc28f3c.jpg

and here it is now!! Looks wayy better in person, the picture does it no justice:

fbc28f40.jpg

Putting the engin back in for the final time this weekend!! :D

Tim

Richard,

The name "Tri-Y" stems from the header having 3 'Y' sections.

I have the 4 primaries (1.75") into 2 x 2.25", then those 2 x 2.25" into 1 x 3".

Then I step it down at the exhaust side collector to 2.5" dual then 'Y' into 3" just behind the gearbox. I must admit that I am VERY, VERY happy with the sound. All I have is a Dynomax right at the rear of the car, and the sound is very mellow, and smooth. Absolutely no harshness usually associated with headers. Mind you, I have only tested under free-rev and idle because I haven't had it on the road yet, but I'm sure it's a sign of things to come.

Tim

Tim, they looks totally, completely, without-a-doubt, stunning! The design, not just the thermal coating, is what floors me. They are too cool and I'm sure are much better then the block huggers I'm using. :2thumbs:

Mine were $98 to coat, BTW, from Capp's Brite Hot Coating. I did Cermakrome and and happy with it so far.

Davy

Ah, so basically you have a 4-2-1 header on each side of your engine. Which will lead you to a nice broad torque curve without sacrificing top end depending on your pipe size of course. An interesting note: depending which cylinders your collect in the first collector set, you'll have a much quieter engine as you get some cancellation as far as noise goes. However, this isn't helpful for max power. (though the losses are small at low gas velocities) At least thats how it goes on a 4 cylinder. ;) I'd imagine though the timing will be different on one bank of a V8, the priciples still apply.