HybridZ

Booster Upgrade 75 280z

what about a reman? the parts store says I can get the oem 7". He had no listing fo a 2 + 2 but said there was a 9". Do you think this is the 2 + 2 model ? I don't know if there is enough room between where the bolt holes are and the hood. Think I should replace the master cylinder while I have it off?

Reman 7" booster $91.00

Reman 9" booster $131.00

Raman master $49.00

:roll:

A bigger brake booster will not stop your Z any quicker.......

All the booster does is to reduce the pedal effort by increasing the force applied to the master cylinder.

Brake boosters are carefully chosen for their application. A bigger booster than what is needed will only allow you to lock the wheels up more easily when braking, and that is not the best (or safest) way to stop a car.

Another issue is that the brake booster needs a certain amount of time before maximum boost is applied. (Remember you are dealing with the movement of air to one side of the diaphragm in the booster). The larger the booster the longer this time is. This is why you never see a booster on a true race car. Their brakes need to develop master cylinder pressure as soon as the driver presses the pedal.

The only time it is OK to go bigger is when you are increasing the diameter of your master cylinder. As increasing the diameter of the master cylinder will result is a increase of pedal force (for the same amount of fluid displacement).

I am actually thinking of upgrading to the 15/16 Master cylinder soooooooooo..... I think I will wait until I am done with the front brake mod I am doing and see how it feels. I am doing the '84 4 piston 4 Runner calipers with '84 300zx vented rotors mod. I only have 15" wheels and I need some more clearence though..........Time to grind !!!!!!! :twisted: