HybridZ

fan blades on 240z turbo

I am running L28ET in 73 240z. I need to install fan blades, but they have to be from 280zx to clear the extra pulley on the engine. I am running 280z radiator with the turbo engine. I only have less than 3.5 inches between the water pump pulley and the radiator. I tried to fit an electic taurus and buick fan, but no way, even after hours of trimming. Do you guys know if the 280zx fan blades would fit, I guess I just need to buy some and see. I have seen people say that they stick to far forward and will hit the radiator. Does anyone have a fan blade from 280zx for reasonable price, I could just try this out. I only need the blades, not the clutch.

I may have one, plus clutch, you can have fo nothin'. $10 shipping will cover it for sure, I'll check to make sure I still have it. Or you could come up to Denver and get it - be cool to get together with another Zhead. :)

Guest jt240z

Are you using the extra front pulley for something? If not, you can remove it by taking the small screws out of the front. You can then use the stock 280Z clutch and fan setup without any interference problems.