HybridZ

Will a V8 Fit a Right Hand Drive 240z

Guest Big Phil

Guest Big Phil

Hey Guys,

My friend just called me with a tip on a right hand drive 72 240z. The car isn't running but the body in in good condition, heck it even has the orginal owner's manual written in Japanese. I talked to the owner and she wants $800 bucks for it.

I have put alot of time into my 78 280z but a smog exempt rust free Japanese Fairlady Z is a little too tempting to past up. I went to the MSA show and everyone was fascinated by the two fairlady Z's that showed up. Can you imagined the response you would get at a Z show with a V8 powered Fairlady? Talk about East meets West!

I already bought the JTR motor and transmission mounts and I currently have a Camaro LT1 motor at my house. Will the JTR kit work properly on a right hand drive Z?

If it too much of a pain in the $@*!, I'll just put the L28 I pulled out of my 78 280z in it and sell the sucker on Ebay for a couple of Grand.

Phil

Seems like you could swap the spacers side to side and offset the motor to the "driver's" side
I did that by mistake when I test fitted my engine the first time. It tilts the engine over to one side quite a bit, which might not be a big problem with the LT1, but not ideal for sure.

Tim