HybridZ

A little insight, please?

Guest bobnagga

Guest bobnagga

There are so many ideas running thru my head right now I can't decide on what I want to do...Should i:

1. Drop a smallblock 350 and stingray 4 on the floor into my ZX,

2. Drop a turbo 327 with the same tranny,

3. Drop a boss 302 and mach 1 tranny,

4. Port & polish the n/a L6, bore it .20 to .30 over, get headers, HEI ignition, and a standalone tunable EFI computer,

or 5. Drop a Mazda rotary twin turbo 13b and RX7 5 speed into the car?

Just something to think about. I need to weigh the power i get with the cost, fuel economy, and work involved with each possible conversion/upgrade. I know that there would be advantages and disadvantages for each, but it seems like I can get the most power for the weight in a 13b. But on the other hand, rotaries are beeeyotches to work on and hard to find in my area...

Guest shuyun

The way I decided which option I wanted was to decide what I wanted to do when I was done with the car. I wanted a quick road race car. I had a lot of after market for the datsun to start with and I decided to keep it all. So to start I am going to run the Turbo tom's draw through turbo setup untill I have the funds to a comperable EFI and intercooled turbo setup. As for you what do you want to do when you have the finished car? Develop a plan and stick to it.

hope that helps,

Shuyun