HybridZ

What do you think about my car?

sir_daniel

hi... i'm working on my datzun 280zx -80

so far it got a new paintjog (needs to be redone because of bad work before it got painted)... i've ordered a 4' "endpipe" and a black alu-wing... i'm also getting a nice decore in japsstyle/importstyle...

my question is: what do you think i could do to make this a killer?

(ok i need new rims...)

http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumList?u=4127944

http://194.52.202.64/depa/index.php?sub=viewcar&car_no=1776

Guest bobnagga

Pretty snazzy. Is that a 2+2? There's a kit that includes the side skirts, front air dam and a rear fin for the ZX models... But since you have the wing you don't need the little dinky fin. What are you running under the hood? If it's a V configured engine, you might consider a dually exhaust shooting out the side of the car and running under the doors like the shelby cobras had. That's what I'm going to end up doing once I decide what engine to drop in it.

Guest bobnagga

also, a custom body shop may well put in phatty fender scoop/flares in for you. I'm going to have that done to mine so it will cool the exhaust pipes before they melt the plastic underneath where they will come out of the car. They'll also be good if you drop a twin turbo engine in there and want it to be intercooled...

so far it's not anything done with the body... but it vill come... the engine also.. hopefully i will get a turbo engine shipped to sweden in the attumn...

aahrg.. i don't know what i should do with it...

the decor.. does anybody has links to pages where i can get inspiration for the importstyle??

Guest 280-Monzie

Det ar inte ofta man ser nagon fran Swedala pa natet. Det narmaste jag har sett ar nogon fran Danmark. Hoppas du ar kvar pa hybridz ett tag, jag tittar in nagra ganger i manaden, men mitt project ar pa is for tillfallet. Lite i taget..... :cry:

so far it's not anything done with the body... but it vill come... the engine also.. hopefully i will get a turbo engine shipped to sweden in the attumn...

the decor.. does anybody has links to pages where i can get inspiration for the importstyle??

Det ar inte ofta man ser nagon fran Swedala pa natet. Det narmaste jag har sett ar nogon fran Danmark. Hoppas du ar kvar pa hybridz ett tag' date=' jag tittar in nagra ganger i manaden, men mitt project ar pa is for tillfallet. Lite i taget..... :cry:

Yeah, what he said :D:D

Tim

Guest 280-Monzie

Sorry :oops: Not often one see a fellow countryman on this site. I've been away for about 7 years now. :shock:

Yeah, what he said :D:D

Tim

Guest kenafein240

The paint job looks good in the pics. I don't think I care for the wing, but that's your call. A 280zx turbo swap would with an IC and accessories would give you the kick you're looking for. I have seen some very nice kits for the 280zx but I don't know them by name. If you search the forum you'll find some nice ones though. I think there is one called kaminari or something like that.

Wow - I just realized that I can sort of read Swedish - or was it Danish? Anyway, at least I got the gist of it!

280-Monzie - how did you get stuck in Sparks, NV? That is like in the middle of nowhere! - and not a bit like home.

Guest 280-Monzie

It was Swedish, though it does look very close to Danish. As to being stuck in Sparks, there is a saying in the area. "Reno is so close to hell that you can see Sparks" Jokes aside I prefeer to live in Sparks than Reno, the planning is better I belive.

Sparks is actually quite close to most things, (not Sweden ofcourse), but it is close to skiing, the bay-area, Lake Tahoe etc. One good thing about the Western States (Read not California) is that I can get in my car, drive 15 minutes, and be able to shoot skeet, 30/06, and pistol without any risk of hurting anyone. Perfectly legal too. There is a lot of open space here.

Even though the place is hotter than Satan's sauna at the moment (107 yesterday), I like this place alot. I guess it is similar to some parts of Texas, without the accent :lol: (Mine does'nt count :D)

I like your car by the way, how much money went in to it?

Wow - I just realized that I can sort of read Swedish - or was it Danish? Anyway' date=' at least I got the gist of it!

280-Monzie - how did you get stuck in Sparks, NV? That is like in the middle of nowhere! - and not a bit like home.[/quote']

Used to periodically run through the Reno and/or Las Vegas areas on my way to LA from Boise. Always liked the Reno area much better than Vegas but would have preferred living closer to Tahoe or Carson City. Know what you mean about the 15 minute trip. It still takes only about 30 minutes in Boise but you have to drive to a gun range in Texas. BTW it was 101°F & 80% relative humidity here yesterday. Only good news is that car ran at high speed & in a grid lock with AC on full bore and never overheated. Wish I could say the same.

Investment $. I've had the car for 11 years and, including original purchase price, all repairs and upgrades, I've got around $31K in it. Over the next several years I expect to put another 5-8K into it, maybe more.