HybridZ

high school autoX club, good or bad?

zguy95135

Autocross is run what you brung and those little front wheel drive cars do very well.

I think it is a great idea but I bet you're going to have a tough time convincing your school. I ASSume you are going to try and run this at the school and the liability issues would be pretty tough to overcome. You also have the initial outlay of cash to purchase the cones and timing equipment.

I think it is a noble thought just be realistic about the obstacles to overcome.

Its a great idea,

but liability is a serious issue, as well as the maturity level of others in your school.

In my local AutoX club, we get some local highschoolers in attendance, and sometimes, they get kicked out for speeding in the parking lot, or doing donuts and burnouts. im not trying to be an ass by saying that, but its a fact of the matter that your going to get a couple self-proclaimed badasses that are going to ruin it for the rest of the good folks.

Do you have a local SCCA chapter? Maybe your best bet would be to work out somekinds of discount with the locals for students. after you work that out, try to get one of the local autox gurus to agree to come to the school at teach some basics. run your proposal by your highschool and see what happens. also try to find a teacher thats involved in some form of motorsprorts, having a teacher to back you up will help big-time.

anywho, goodluck.