HybridZ

Braided SS Lines for "OFFROAD USE ONLY"!??

Just got some braided SS lines from MSA. there's an obvious label stuck on each line that says, "for offroad use only. Do not use on public roads or highways."

What's up with that? Why bother selling them for a Z (street car- not offroad)? Is it too much braking for street?

Thx.

To avoid leagal liability. If the lines fail and you end-up hurt or dead, you can't sue them (MSA or the maker) if you used them on a public raod.

"Off road use only" means "Not on Public roads." AKA NOT DOT legal.

Race tracks, drag strips, logging roads, or doing donuts in your backyard is okay.

Mine have the Earl's trademark shrinky on them. Can I assume that makes them better than just an ordinary SS brake line?

I think it is safe to assume that they are very good quality and you never have to worry about them at all. I won't.

Davy

Guest billy383Z

I've been running the braided SS lines from MSA on my '77 Z for about 6 years now, and haven't had any problems. I trust them far more than the stock rubber ones...

Shrink wrap is usually added to keep the braid from acting like a file on parts it may come in contact with. Braided brake lines, if not properly routed, will file away the edge of your rims and/or grind metal off most anything it touches.

Guest rick458

get a 6" pipe wrench from Rigid, There are VERY few fasteners

the a 6" rigid cant remove.then use a tubing wrench when putting the new one on I think it is a 14MM Sears Hardware has a set from 10MM-16MM for $29.00