HybridZ

All Wheel Drive (awd)

Guest iskone

Guest iskone

I've been thinking about an AWD 280z.

I've only been able to find a little bit of info here and was wondering if it been done yet.

If anyone can help let me know

Thanks

that's all i've got. the car has a skyline rb engine in it with all wheel drive. it is a very expensive swap not to mention that the engine has to sit too far forward in order to get the driveshafts to line up with the front wheels.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iskone

I don't think anyone cares but I may have the answer for any one who wants an all wheel drive Zcar.

I am in the process of finding out if I have found mecca

Guest iskone

It's not looking as good as I had hoped!

It can't be done the way I thought, With a small block chevy.

I am still looking around though.

Has anyone heard of a Cyclone? A guy I was talking to said that guys have used Cycloe drivetrains. But I don't know whatr that is.

Guest Bamm Bamm

Well My buddy just totalled his Impreza last night so maybe If the suspension and all is good I'll buy it from the insurance co.. and make my 260z AWD and turboed powered by Suabaru=)

interesting idea..

If you are truely serious. You should invest some cash in your tool collection.

This type of swap is not something you would want to source out. At regular shop rate, you would get raped. :shock:

How about a Talon TSI, or Weren`t the some of the Conquests AWD?(maybe not?) What about the Stealth R/T drivetrain, Now that would kick a$$ :twisted:

Guest iskone

Ya you need lots of tools to get the job done.

I have been looking into welders as of late and decided to go with a miller 175 mig welder that uses 220V.

I'll plug it into my washer and dryer outlets.

I have come up with the $2000 dollar numbere for my tool exspenses. Probally more in the long run.

It seems high but when you think that I will have most of these for the rest of my life its not so bad.

• 4 weeks later...

na the Conquests werent awd..

the Stealth/3000gt VR4 awd system is sooooooooooo heavy it would just suck in a little Z.

the subaru awd systems are prob one of the best out there next to the Nissan GT-R system, JDM lancer system, and deff the Porsche systems.

the Subaru awd systems are strong yet light!!! a plus for a little light Z.

don't forget that nissan made another 4x4 performance car: Nissan sunny /pulsar GTi-R

This car weights only 110 kg more that it's 2 wheel drive partner. so that is 110 kg for 4x4 and turbo and IC. the wheel base is 243 cm compared to 230.5 for the 260Z. This would make almost a drop in design. (yea right :D )

this is the car I'm talking about:

album_pic.php?pic_id=1727

Guest BigWhyteDude

what about the lancer EVO AWD systems??? its a few ponies short (30 or so in the states) over the WRX but could it work in a 260?????

hey Rednax ive always wanted to come visit your part of the world. What is it like over there?