HybridZ

RB25DET is this baby bro to RB26DET?

Would this motor be the same, installation wise, as the 26. I haven't seen this motor talked about that often. Is it as good and strong (bottom end wise) as the RB26 ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2426116926&category=46098

Thanks, and sorry if this is old news.... mad2.gif

joel

SORRY... i SHOULD HAVE CHECKED THE ARCHIVES AS PER SITE RULES

It should be easyer the the rb26 providing you get a rear drive one, not a 4 wheel drive one. They wont put up with as much abuse as the 26 (really high boost) but will make a lot of power. As far as bang for buck goes this of the new gen supra motors have got the rb26 beat. They are just to expensive. I am not a Rb expert but i think you might have to move the intercooler pipes around to get it under the bonnet. The original goes over the top from memory.

Douglas

I have one of these in my 240:

- Engine $2800 NZ

- Custom engine mounts + gearbox mount $350 NZ

- Driveshaft mods $350 NZ

- 200zr oils sump + pickup $650 NZ

- 750x300x75 IC $600 NZ

- I sent it to an engine shop to do the rest (ic piping, exhaust, fuel delivery, wiring, etc) $3500 NZ

The engine shop place said it should take 1 bar with the standard ECU + components and if I wanted to it would be $200 NZ (obviously you will get more hp with a better flowing turbo + ecu)

Guest sooley

Hey All

I'm doing the RB25DET conversion on my 72 240z. Here in Australia we have a 3.0ltr Turbo bottom end made by Nissan only for Aust. it's called an RB30. They will bolt up to the 2.5 head. With a hi flow turbo and some simple mods it can easily get 450hp. I can't weight to get this beast in my car. Its going to be scary aghhhhh!!!!!