HybridZ

Trying to clear up R200 confusion

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, I went to a few different wreking yards today...

From what I can tell:

1. 70-78 can be easily swapped by just changing the mustauche bar

2. 79-83 non-turbo will also interchange as above (may have to switch driveline connector on differential... will post back when I install on my '76)

3. 82-83 turbos use CV joints..

4. 84 - 89+ ALL use CV joints

This should clear up a bit of the confusion when searching for a differential... I could not find a clear answer to this anywhere...

Guest Anonymous

Ok, the 79-83 non-Turbo R200 is in fact a direct bolt up to the 75-78 280z.

If you wanna use it on a 240 or 260, you will need a 280 mustauche bar as is for any R200 being hooked up to a 240 or 260.

don't forget when swapping an r200 into any non r200 car you also need the lower tie bar that links the lower control arms to each other, the early unit is flat and won't fit around the diff cover, also the pinion snubber and drive shaft are issues on early cars

72 and up can be swapped easily. The 70-71 cars have a different diff placement and will require a few more parts including a new driveshaft. I can't remember if you can just flip flop the mount and use the existing diff crossmember or if it has to be replaced.

• 1 month later...