HybridZ

400 Hp from the crank...and one wheel peel...which diff.?

JB_BA

My car is making roughly 400 HP from the crank, but it's got an open R200 diff...I defintaly want to go the lsd route, and since my car already HAS an R200, wouldn't it be easiest to just swap an LSD R200? Which z's can I find the LSD R200 in? Is there anywhere that sells them new? (No Quaife for me, thanks.) Is there another diff that one of you could recommend besides the R200 that would be a simple swap. I definatly want both rear wheels spinning when I goto the track, I'd like to avoid second gear starts.

JB

The LSD R200 is the only bolt in swap you will find. It`s pretty much a sunday afternoon job.

The R230 is a pretty intensive and complicated swap if you don`t have the right tools and some fabrication experience.

It also costs quite a bit more. I`ll have close to 900.00 in my swap when it`s finished, + more than 10 to 15 hrs of fabrication work involved.

The stock R200 with U-joint halfshaft should hold up pretty well under approx 350 RWHP.

Guest kenafein240

Good luck finding one... I think I'm going to end up with a quaife. It's hard to find the stock unit, and for the price of the other LSD units on the market you might as well get one. It receives the highest accolades on this board. I asked this question awhile back, you can search the archives another guy posted an alternative to the Nismo and Quaife units.

Precision gear markets an LSD. Tokigi Fuji who made the OEM and NISMO units. $550 from Reider Racing. Be forearned it may take a LONG time to get from the manufacturer. 10 months in the case of my car. The Quaife is the way to go regardless of $ if you road race. For a street strip car, the clutch diff is fine.