HybridZ

Some updated LT1Z pics

Im not high jacking your post Tim but I know some people have been curious about the LT1 radiator hoses, so heres my UPPER radiator hose....

upper-radiator-hose.jpg

Now I noticed that you(Tim) have your bypass hose in your lower hose? Is there some reasoning behind that?

My hose is 1/2 of the stock LT1 upper rad. hose and 1/2 of just a 90 degree bend from another hose I bought. I just used that T-Fitting that came on the LT1 hose to connect the other half of the hose that fits in my application(280ZX mounting, not JTR) The whole stock hose would not fit because the inlet on the radiator is too big for the LT1 hose, so I had to piece together my hose. My lower is done the same way. I have a reducer like yours in the middle of my hose. The Griffin radiater has some big inlets/outlet fittings on it thats for sure! The lower is huge!

Anyways hope this helps someone! :D

Guy

P.S.

What color?

Top secret for now!! :twisted:

Tim

Im going to guess it will be a nice shade of RED, the only reason I think that is because your spark plug wires are red. Just a guess though! :D

Now I noticed that you(Tim) have your bypass hose in your lower hose? Is there some reasoning behind that?

Guy

Nope. Convenient because it fits there like it was meant to be there :D

On the stock Z28, that hose went to the top of the radiator on the pass. side (a nipple just below the top of the side tank).

Tim

In the sentence below the image in the post above' date=' it should read C.O.C.K., but I guess the language police software doesn't like it, so now it has been renamed "drain Rooster" ha ha ha :D:roll:

Tim[/quote']

ROFL....

Very nice work Tim... :-D

Guest gtmattz

i love those headers! i just got done reading an article in popular hotrodding about hi tech exhaust systems, and learned that the NASCAR guys pretty much universally use a header setup very similar to that, the pipes pictured in the mag are alot longer tho, but for a Z application making them alot shorter makes sense.

Your rise is looking super awesome btw, i cant wait to see some pics of the finished product!