HybridZ

3" Stainless down pipe photo

BRAD D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, sorry for not replying sooner. I have not done much with this part, I would feel better if it was not so close to the transmission. And this one will only fit on the Nissan 5 speed.

So I was thinking if I made one with two 90deg bends and droped down before the transmission. It would fit the T5 and the Nissan 5 speed. It will not flow as well as the one in the photo.

Would any one want the one in the photo for under 200$? All welded up with a "bung hole-e-o". This person would have to have a Nissan tranny, and could return it for a full refund for any reasions....

Guest Looking for apt in Alb Ny

Why do we need a group buy? I mean , what would be hard about selling the downpipes? Think about it! make em and sell the rest. lets go lets go lets go!!! I can make the stainless steel flanges if you want. Juan

It is vary close, almost touching. That is why I am worried about selling it. Corkey Bell shows in his book how you should brace the down pipe to the transmission…. So I don’t know if it is that big of a deal?

This one will flow better but a think I will start making them with two 90 bends just to be safe….

But like I said if you don’t like it you can send it back. I can always cut it up and use it ( I am going to make a 3†SS exhaust system for a buddy’s 240SX )

I get paid this Friday, so I have to look at funds (I'm also swapping a B series Honda motor into my hatch at the moment too).

Its only tack (spelling?) welded right? Do you know how close it comes to the tranny (only trying to get an idea for how big the tranny to downpipe brace is going to have to be)?

Thanks again,

Ryan

Yes it is only tack welded now, but before I send it would be fully TIG welded.

The reason it is so close to the transmission is because it goes right between the tunnel and transmission on its way down.

I put it closer to the transmission because it will move with the motor and trans, trying to keep it as far away from the transmission tunnel as possible. And you only have around 1/2" total to play with, so almost all of that 1/2" is between the pipe and tunnel...

I don’t think you will need to brace it on the transmission, unless it rattles....

No pressure to buy it, I just want to make sure who ever picks it up knows it is a prototype. And can send it back for any reason, no problem.

I am going to have a freind of mine make a down pipe for my T3/T4 with 4 bolt flang, o2 bung and e.g.r. If I can get it to clear my T-5 I will make some for sale in 2.5" and 3". Im just not sure how long befor he can start working on them!