HybridZ

Is this a good swap idea?

BRAD D

O.K. I think I know what I want.... I was at a local junk yard and told them what I want to do and he says come back here, I have some thing you might like......

So I go with him in the back and there it is a 95 SC400!!! I can get the motor, ecu, auto trans, drive shaft, cluster, rad....every thing and any thing I want for 2700$ CAN so around 2000$ US!!! But not the hole car for some reasion. i dont know how many Ks/m it has because it has a digital odometer, but I can see on monday.

I now vary close to getting this,

Will it fit you think.

Is that red car above with the v8 a celica

They will start it up for me on monday

Am I going crazy :? I dont need to do this :( But I cant help myself :twisted:

• 9 months later...
Guest scrote:v2

hmm am an avid fan of the old school celicas and have seen this little beuty(red ta22) in the flesh and is a fine example but yes lots of custom work done.

im currently building a 2tg/3tg hybrid engine for my ta22 but if your after something a bit newer why not go a 3sgte.

good power without the extra weight of the six.

the sixes allso dont fit very well in this model celica but the 1ggte will fit in the next shape easilly enough.

This is probably too conservative for your purposes, but the most straightforward swap would be a 22RE engine, found in 1982-1985 Celicas (the last generation of the RWD Celicas) and 80’s/early 90’s trucks. It’s only a 4-cylinder and definitely not a high-rpm engine, but the torque output is good and it’s 2.4L. First-generation fuel injection, actually pretty logical and straightforward to work on.