HybridZ

I GOT IT! Found my problem......

Jersey

Guest bastaad525

Jersey I agree... I still sometimes kick myself when I think that I gave up a strong running N/A, SU'd motor, freshly rebuilt and running perfectly (and probably would have also pulled a low low 15 or high 14), for this problem case... then I do think that yeah I know the turbo is faster... but sometimes I still wonder if it was really worth it. If I really could have had it my own way I'd have two 240's and would have left the one with the N/A alone. Right about now I'd be happy to have almost any kind of little econobox for a daily driver so that these probs with the turbo weren't leaving me in such a bind. I'm gonna start looking at corolla's or sentras, something I can buy cheap and get around in and dont need to worry how long the turbo takes to work itself out.

And as for my bad luck streak, it is continuing yet further... as if the bent valve and lost job weren't enough, today I went with my g/f to fly my R/C helicopter, and finally broke my streak of no crashes, not one crash since I started flying 6 mos ago, and now not even something that was my fault. Rather, the radio seems to have conked out completely. I was flying a steady hover and suddenly the heli jerked once, I went to set it down and it jerked again hard and planted itself in the ground. Picked it up and the servos were just going crazy, until I turned the radio off. Eventually it just cut out completely and though the batteries in the radio and the heli itself had plenty of charge, the heli would not respond to anything I did on the radio, though none of the radio gear on the heli was damaged in the crash. Spent an hour at the flying field with all the local 'experts' trying to figure out what happened to it but no dice... so on top of what will probably amount to $200 in crash repairs, I will most likely have to buy another radio, easily another $200-300. So it will sit for a while... obviously getting my car running must come first. I still have my plane on backup... I want to go fly it but wonder if I should test my bad luck any further....

Oh, i didn't give up on the N/A L28. She's just on hold. I was thinking of selling it because it is a great runner with about 10:1 but, i think i'll just keep it and build it slowly until i need it. i'm sure i'll be blowing the L28ET someday the way i've been pushing it :twisted: I wonder if just some kind of interference happened with your radio? For the servo's to jerk around like that, i could only think of 2 things - low battery power and interference. Sure someone at the field wasn't messing with ya? j/k. Sorry to hear about all your recent misfortune. It'll all work out. Your girl's still hanging in, right? That's a positive! ha. szlash, funny thing...i don't think it's rained here in NJ for the 3 weeks i had her in the garage, troubleshooting this problem. Today, adn for the next 5 days, it looks as if it's going to rain, no pour out. Go figure. i just had it out tonight and i can't get a good feel for it. Runs good but at the slightest touch of the throttle, the wheels break loose. Guess i'll have to wait. The track is going to tell the story.

hey there!!!

happy you found the issue, my green light does work, but now I can diagnose if it doesnt, thats the beauty of this bb.

im tearing my car down for boost and styling upgrades, just got a new house and garage so its getting torn down but good!

wouldnt worry too much with the engine blowing, thing is tough, even if compression is ridiculously low on these. my buddy runs a flattop f54/p90 combo with a 8.9cr and hybrid turbo 13psi, stock efi and inj-and beats the thing into oblivion. he used 83zxt 5speed ecu and moved timing up to

I will most likely have to buy another radio, easily another $200-300. So it will sit for a while... obviously getting my car running must come first. I still have my plane on backup... I want to go fly it but wonder if I should test my bad luck any further....

I have one if you need one.

Tim

Guest bastaad525

no it definately wasnt radio interference, as soon as I turned my transmitter off, the servos stopped moving, turned it back on, they started wigging out again. I had a friend there who has a frequency scanner, he checked with my radio off, no signal from anywhere else. I am 99% positive it isn't the transmitter itself, rather, it is the frequency module. The thing was REALLY hot after this happened and I know theyr'e not supposed to get like that. It's also one of the 'synthesized' ones, which lets you change the frequency by turning two dials, which I have found out after the fact, have a very bad reputation. The other heli guys at the field also agreed that I should get off FM and move to a PCM reciever, the transmitter I have can do PCM so just need a reciever.

Tim - you have a transmitter you wanna get rid of? What brand/model, and how much you asking? I'll be testing my transmitter as soon as I get a regular crystal to replace the synthesized one, if it still has problems I'll definately be in the market for another one.... I've already somehow managed to fry one Futaba TX, and now if this one is gone... that's two in 6 months... wish I knew what I was doing to them!