HybridZ

What excactly is a spoon motor?

Guest rick458

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest comeandzpa

In F&F (not that I just watched it AGAIN last night), Paul Walker discovers that Hector (he has a last name too, but he cant pronounce it) is running Honda Civic's with Spoon engines. Also in Gran Turismo 2 (and 3 I believe), you can win a Spoon Civic. They are indeed annoying to the ear.

yeah but ford sells Roush cars at there dealerships, Honda doesnt do that with Spoon.

they may sell one with a Sppn lip or something but not from what ive been told + seen.. im talking about in japan and europe not here in the USA..

Guest thinkmonkey

Honda is 'in bed' with Mugen over in Japan, in fact Honda's founding father's son used to run Mugen, until last week when he was indicted for tax fraud. Hah! Spoon is fairly 'ricey' in my eyes when you consider that Honda only has two real tuner cars, the S2000 and NSX (a Honda in Japan) which is not what US spoonboys dream about. I can't believe that these idiot Honda boys in my area actually take the time and to swap in an N/A 1.6 liter engine that drives the front wheels, only to run high 15's. 12 second Honda's cost around 20 grand to build, rediculous.

-David

Guest thinkmonkey

I don't see how that's possible. Even if it were a tuned all motor strippy the cost of 'sticky sticky' tires would most likely tip you over 4k when you count in the motor mods. Are you talking about a civic hatch, or like an RSX Type-s?

-David

I can't believe that these idiot Honda boys in my area actually take the time and to swap in an N/A 1.6 liter engine that drives the front wheels' date=' only to run high 15's. 12 second Honda's cost around 20 grand to build, rediculous.

-David[/quote']

Yeah I went to Tech. with a guy (40years old) who drove a 1990 Honda CRX who swapped in a VTec motor of some kind and he only gained like .9 secs in the 1/4, so he ran a 14.2 :roll: To me thats way to much work for not even a full second! This guy was an absolute "Mr. Know-It-All" He was always trying to explain why Honda was the latest and greatest thing. GOD I HATED THAT GUY!!!!!!! :roll:

Guy :D

Guest thinkmonkey

I'll tell you how you build a 12 second car for 4 grand.

-GM G body (you, 80's style Pontiac Gran Prix's...)

-Used Big Block Chevy

-Used set of hoosiers (good for one pass right...)

-Judicious stripping of interior

If that only yeilds you a 13.5, then lose the glass, trunklid, seats, doors, and fenders. Then try and find a track that'll let you run!

-David

im talking old hatchs or old 4-doors... im not talking the price of the car either... its crazy how much power you can make with junkyard parts and parts from other factory parts, and some skill if you have it.