HybridZ

What do you guys think of this..

Guest 70240z

I`m a little mixed :? I think it would look better if the air dam moulded into the integrated bumper like the MSA front does. it would also need flares to blend in at the fenders properly.

I`m sure someone with good fiberglass skills could make it look good though. :wink:

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

i'm torn, it doesnt look quite right, but if I stare long enough it looks pretty good. I would be very interested in what the Z would look like with complementing rear and side skirts. I'm going to play around with that picture some. :-D

I am surprized at how close a fit it is. Looks as though we were thinking along similar lines...

http://www.hybridz.org/phpBB2/album_pic.php?pic_id=1205

The photo is pretty rough but a hell of a lot of sanding has been done since. Should have a fiberglass guy showing up this weekend to help out making a mold. We will see............

Douglas

it looks good it just has to be smaller.. like the front bumper looks bigger then the car itself in some way.

i do think its a pretty cool idea if somebody made something like that that fit the early Z's.

mike

Like Zrossa I was shocked at how well the fit appears, at least in the pic.

There will be aftermarket parts available for the Z33. It would be interesting if someone could modify an S30 so that a stock Z33 nose would fit. Then any aftermarket nose would fit as well.

This could be a project for Michael Johnson. He did the black roadster with the Miata windshield and the cool rectangular quad headlights that was at MSA this year.

Like Rebel says though, you would need to have an integrated design that includes the tail and flanks.

Thanks for posting Kyle. Man you sure are Z-busy these days.

I think it would look good with the headlight buckets cut out to match the Z's original teardrop shape, (which I'm sure you'd do if this wasn't just a 'what if' mock up), and Kaminari skirts to go with that front end would give the rest of the car that modern edginess to match the agressive nose.

I think it looks great - very unique, it gives the 240Z a very modern look without looking like something you would see on a car hanging around a coffee shop or parking lot of a pizza joint.

Sweet hook up on getting that front end from Nismo, how expensive is it, or should I not ask?

Regards - Yasin