HybridZ

Steel Flares

Guest thinkmonkey

Guest thinkmonkey

I can't believe that I'm considering it because I swore I wouldn't do it, but I think that I want to put some subtle flares on the rear wheel wells of my 240. However, I will only use steel flares, and subtle is the key. Here's a picture of my goal. Somehow I always use this car as my roadmap, it's delicious. Does anyone have a source for steel flares similar to these? Thanks guys.

-David

323552384.jpg

I wanted a very subtle flare on my Z also. Something that kept the same body lines but didn't really look like a flare. I ended up rolling out the inner fender lips and welding a piece of 3/16" round barstock to the edge for support. I gained about 1.5" of flare and almost 3" of clearance. Enough to get 245/45/16 tires under it. Looks stock unless you put it beside another Z.

Here are some pics if you want to see:

http://www.mindspring.com/~cstephens/zmain.htm

...I gained about 1.5" of flare and almost 3" of clearance. Enough to get 245/45/16 tires under it...

Nice looking car and an excellent choice of wheels. The clearance you gained with your mods is truly astounding when you consider that your Z body looks "stock." Nice work!

Davy