HybridZ

My Opinion On The 350Z Got Changed Yesterday

Scottie-GNZ

Although I appreciate what Nissan has done with the 350Z, I was not a big fan until yesterday. Some of you know or might remember Tyler, my buddy that was at Montgomery. Well, he just bought a 350Z convertible and after a close-up inspection and a quick blast through some back roads, I am impressed to say the least. The car is absoltuely gorgeous and you can get get a close-up as he will be bringing it to Reynolds this weekend.

I drag race with a fellow who runs his 350Z. I've never been in it, so I can't attest to how it drives, but so far I'm not that impressed for other reasons. His transmission (3rd gear grinding) is going out already, with 4800 miles. It is getting replaced under warranty, but he tells me he knows of another 350Z owner on his 3rd tranny, with only 10k miles. This is supposedly a Getrag unit! :shock:

On the other hand, this guy drives the heck out of the car. He raced on Saturday winning 14 straight rounds (in three classes), hitting his dial within 0.03 or better the whole time, and you should have seen his reaction times! 0.003, 0.008, 0.002... worst one was still under 0.100.

Guest comeandzpa

I was reading (I think in Car and Driver) that the 350Z door handles have a habit of getting pulled open by brushes in automatic car washes....the editors said that they have had a few baths while running through. Nothin says thought-out engineering like door handles that open in a car wash. Dumb dumb dumb.....

I was able to take a 350Z coupe for a spin yesterday. I was expecting a little more pull off the line. It is what peolple have described as "sneaky fast". Acceleration is smooth and you're going pretty fast before you know it. Built in shift light is nice and the brakes are very good. Suspension is nice and firm for a stock setup.

What I took away from the test drive is that although the car was impressive, it could never replace my turbo S30. But as a everyday commuter car it is a fun ride and I give it a thumbs up.

350Z door handles have a habit of getting pulled open by brushes in automatic car washes....

Who would take their brand new car through a drive through car wash?