HybridZ

Ford Forum

Guest buschj

Jon,

My Z is currently sitting in the street. If that is what you mean by "on the road" then yes. Actually, I couldn't leave the fuel rails stock so I am in the process of machining some out of fuel rail stock. Once those are complete and I have the steering shaft finished it will be running.

Josh

Well, I suppose I will join in with the Ford crowd. Although I will not be using the 5.0. I am going with the 2.3 Turbo that is in my neighbors TurboCoupe. He is selling me the car cheap, cheaper than a SBC and trans so he helped me make up my mind. With all the available parts for these I am a bit suprized that there hasn't been a 2.3 Swap already. I am anxious to see how the smaller, lighter power plant does. Looking to put out about 300 Hp. The motor is heavily built for Ranger truck use, and has been around forever. The Mini Stock guys seem to really like it.

Any thoughts?

Any thoughts?

Go for it! Document the swap along the way (photos wll help a lot here) with what needed to be done, and why you chose the approaches at solving any problems that arise from this swap. Motor weight will be important as well. We ALL will be interested in this swap. Keep us informed along the way as well. Good luck.