HybridZ

Best Coilover Choice

Guest thinkmonkey

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My rates can't be compared to anyone elses... that sounds a little funny. I have digressive pistons in the Penskes on my 240Z and none of the shocks mentioned so far offer that type of rebound curve.

And, at the moment, I don't even know what the digressive rates are because Erik lost the printouts from the shock dyno. Here's the current settings if anyone wants to get more confused:

Front

Rebound - 4 off full hard

High Speed Compression - 8 off full soft

Low Speed Compression - 8 off full hard

Pressure - 225 psi

Rear

Rebound - 2 off full hard

High Speed Compression - 6 off full soft

Low Speed Compression - 8 off full hard

Pressure - 175 psi

These setting will change at the next event (they always do!)

Mat, your link was very useful - thanks.

I've ended up with very similar SPRING rates to you ( mine are 180lb front and 200lb rear 10 Inch long 2.25 diameter) - mainly because I sometimes have to drive the car on torn-up urban roads here in London. Some of our country roads have some pretty nasty 'surprises' on them too.

I've come down quite a long way on spring rate over the last year ( in three increments ) and ended up with these. I had the dampers re-valved by Bilstein's UK operation each time. Now I'm at 180 Bump-110 Rebound for the fronts, and 210 Bump-120 Rebound rear.

I have Rose ( Heim ) jointed and adjustable TCA's and Tension Rods. Also have Uniballs in the ( solid ) top insulators / mounts that you can see in the photos of my set-up posted previously. I think these are not ideal for my needs and might try to find a way to go back to a rubber-bushed set-up in the near future. Interestingly, this very point was raised several times by some fine minds in your excellent thread.

All the best,

Alan T.