HybridZ

Neon SRT4

RacerX

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm...well...I've always been a fan of 2.4L turbo hybrids (I devised the hybrid for 2G's - a few running around now with great results).

Ok...looking at the pictures of the cylinder head...it's definitely not the same as a Mitsubishi 4G63 head...it's the same as the 2.0L N/T Eclipse, but...umm...swapped (engine faces same direction, but, the intake is on the opposite side - typical Peon configuration)

I had a modified Peon SRT-4 try to play with me (I was on the R1) the other morning...silly silly rabbit...trix are for kids...

needless to say...even in modified form he still didn't stand a chance...however, I was impressed nonetheless. And we chatted for a minute or two at the stoplight.

Anyway...Chrysler stole my idea of taking a 2.4L Avenger engine and swapping on a 420A DOHC cylinder head...I'm thinking of suing, but, figured it probably wouldn't be worth my time...besides...what would I do with a few million dollars anyway?

Heh, well, R1 vs. a fwd turbo neon... lotsa competition there :)

my coworker has an srt4, I've driven it.... unless carefully launched, first gear is useless, 2nd gear is almost useless because the thing has far too much power for the front wheels. But the car hauls ass, for what it is, a sub 20grand flat 14 second runner.

While they "rated" the srt4 at 215hp at crank from factory, the cars usually dyno around 220 at the wheels. If anything, dodge finally did something almost right - the only flaws are 1. it's a dodge, 2. it's wrong wheel drive.

my friend picked up an '04 srt-4 (these come with factory installed stage 1 kits and optional limited slip). Here's the dyno graph from a couple of days ago, car has ~500 miles on it, just broken in (300 miles is break in according to the manual).

COREY-SRT4-ALL-UNCORRECTED.jpg

Uncorrected, I need to find out what elevation he's at.

COREY-SRT4-ALL-SAE.jpg

SAE corrected dyno to sea level

Here's his input from another message board

"245 WH SAE Corrected, 228 Actual.

Oh, and zero dyno tricks. Stock air pressure, no spraying on the IC (I did on one run and it was my lowest run), all in fourth, nothing was touched/tweaked or played with. One fan in front of the car, hood open. Dyno jet 248C. "

• 2 weeks later...

SRT-4's may have some HP but they are still FWD and they only have 205 wide tires. How's the HP going to get to the ground? My 140HP rx-7 came with 205 tires on it. Wifes maxima has 215's and its only got 190HP. OH and they are FWD... Did I say that already?

My brother bought a 2004 SRT-5 with the limited slip diff to replace his 1989 supra turbo. I just don't get it. It's FWD

srt-5? typo' date=' I hope? :) dodge never produced any 5 bangers

fwd is cheaper to make. no driveshaft, no rear end, less weight[/quote']

Yes, I mean srt-4. I know it is cheaper to Manufacture and may be a little less weight but we don't drive sports cars because they are cheap do we? :-D