HybridZ

my ZG flares came :)

Guest ON3GO

hey guys.

i just got back from NOPI like 5mins ago... and i found my 240Z air dam and my ZG flares...

they look good, wish the had labels to tell me which ones go where but im sure i can fig that out.

but what did you guys use to bolt them to your car?

also i want to get some of the VW fender welting if thats what its called.

im just gonna paint them myself for now as my Z wont see paint untill its 100% done.

thanks guys.

also you had to see the 280zx turbo in the NOPI burnout contest! it ruled!!!!

mike

i went to napa and bought some bolts. there is no real procedure, i wrote a little one out in the tech section on my site, but its just something you sortof have to just go for... i found that the shorter, rounder ends (shorter from the last bolt hole) went towards the middle of the car, and the long trailing end to the front or to the back depending on location. i just studied pictures and learnt from those, im using the welting as well to make a better connection between fender and flare.

-Zach

I am actually in the process of installing aluminum anodized blue rivets on my ZG flares. My car is silver though, with blue cage padding, so the blue rivets are just my own color. The colors don't stick out but are a nice accent when up close. right now i just have the basic silver ones that I've painted over. I wouldn't use bolts cuz you need a bigger hole and you have the possibility of it loosening off. And rivets look cool also. :lol:

You should be able to find them in any hardware store or look up http://www.fastenall.com and see where one is in your area... The nutsert and capscrew is the same look and is equally nice looking in either black or stainless, although black rusts! Lowes in my area has a wide array of specialty nuts and bolts in stainless...

Mike