HybridZ

New taillight sources???

Guest 73TPIZ

Guys,

did a search with taillight and tail* but found nothing. Any new stock 240Z taillights being made out there. Searched yahoo with several leads but went to deadends. Is NOS our only option.

Starting my winter bodywork project and hopefully the original tails will be the ugliest thing on the car when done.

Of course i haven't picked up a paint gun in a year so maybe not......... :D

The Euro model has amber for the turn signals, you can get them from MSA or Nissan for about $150 each.

Other than that lots of people have adapted other taillights from other vehicles. I met one guy who had made his own rear panel. It was totally flat, and had glassed it in so that there was no possibility of exhaust coming in through there. Looked pretty good. He kept the original plastic light fixture and wiring, and had bought some red reflector material that he glassed in. If memory serves he got the reflector stuff from a trailer shop. I think he made little access panels so that you could change the bulbs when needed.

I've thought about doing the same, not so much for the look but to eliminate the exhaust smell.

Jon

schlaskin, re-read my post, i'm with you. the stock tails are my favorite also.

jon, i thought about the euros, but i love the simplicity of the originals. Can i get originals new from nissan, or just the euros? The local dealer parts guy looks at me like i'm crazy whenever i say "i need a ______ for a '73 240Z". is there a vintage friendly dealership i could deal with?

thanks guys

Try Courtesy Nissan. Very Z owner friendly. I know they have a discount for IZCC members, not sure if they have one for HybridZ members.

They have a good website, and have been very helpful and knowledgeable even when I was ordering parts for Mikunis and other oddball stuff.

Jon

Thanks guys. i'll try courtesy . terry, yea i saw some new old stock on ebay and i may have to bite the bullet and get a set. just kinda wanted a second opinion for prices. "Pricey" is a good word for them, i'll have to use that word next time to cut down on my swearing. :D:D