HybridZ

Finned diff cover off a 240 SX

Guest 350zgto

:?: In a wrecking yard while pulling rear calipers for a rear disc install I noticed a cast aluminum finned diff cover on the 240 SX. The rear end looks like an R-200. Does anyone know is this a worthwhile part to get and does it fit the R-200? I checked to see if it was LSD by rolling the tire method, it seemed like an open diff, there was no resistance rolling one tire without the other. Thanks.

It is an R200, but it is much shorter than the early Z R200's. Can you use this cover on your R200? The answer is.........perhaps. The only difference on this cover is the bolt holes are larger than that of our covers so you would need to use some bushings to center the bolts onto the holes. I know this because I have one of these diffs from a 90+ 300zx N/A and I compared it to our R200 cover and it is the same except for the hole size. BTW, it should be a VLSD.

• 4 years later...

Sorry guys to bring back a very old thread. Is there something to do with those vsld from the 240sx. I have just brought on home, Is it worth anyhing? Maybe I could just put it up in a Z R200 long nose.

Thanks

Dayz

Guest 280ZForce

the difference is that the bolt hole spacing is wider where it mounts to the mustache bar, the 240sx finned diff cover is I believe 4.5" where as the stock r200 covers for our Zs is like 3.25" and to redrill the mustache bar... good luck with drilling hardened spring steel.