HybridZ

LT1 track times 10/01/03 12.5@107mph

I just got back from the track. I tried a new program today, and the trans would only shift at 5,000. So My times where slower today. Looks like I need to put my old program back in.

12.5@107mph 3rd place in braket racing

Stock LT1/4l60e

Good to hear your times. I was wondering what my car was going to run. I am putting a 96 LT1/700R4 into a 70 240Z and was hoping to break into the 12's. It looks like that won't be a problem. What have you done to your motor? What kind of gas mileage is it getting?

Great time and nice looking install!!

Guest 73TPIZ

jeff,

I've used sites that post 1/4 and 0-60 times and compare my 1/4 times to that to get an estimate of my 0-60. my car will run 12.80's @ 104 when its hooking. most cars running those #'s say mid 4's for 0-60. since my setup has more torque than HP i'd say 4.3-4.5 is a reasonable # for mine. Also my 60ft times are in the 1.8 range which is hooking pretty good for street tires.

here is a link to get you started

http://www.dataflo.net/~dkunesh/Motor%20Trend.htm

The motor is all stock just a LT1. I was running 1.80 60ft, I could not spin the tires. Now it is time for the roll cage, and torque converter. If you are just starting the swap now then put the torque converter in now, the stock one does not cut it. As for gas milage I donot know what it is but I used a 1/4 tank for 100 mile round trip to the track and 9 passes down the track.

Mike

Guest Anonymous
As for gas milage I donot know what it is but I used a 1/4 tank for 100 mile round trip to the track and 9 passes down the track.
thats real good mpg... i get about 150 mi on a tank. :shock: damn carb

What stall speed are you going with. I am suprised that you need to change it, I would think that traction would be a major problem especially with the times you are running. What gear ratio do you have and is your R230 a VLSD. I have a 3.7 LSD R200 to go into mine.

Guest comeandzpa
I used a 1/4 tank for 100 mile round trip to the track and 9 passes down the track.
:shock::shock: I can, on a good day, get 100 highway cruising miles on a quarter tank. But to get that PLUS 9 trips down the strip...wow!!