HybridZ

I feel myself less tempted to speed now

M1chael

Earlier this afternoon, about an hour after school let out, I was cruising out to the lake. I'm on a small 35 mph road coming up behind one of those new Impalas (non-SS). The Impala is behind an 80s model Suburban, and we're all behind a school bus (the same bus I used to ride, in fact).

The driver of the Suburban, likely because he was a kid, found himself irritated at the bus. And just after the bus had dropped a load of kids off, he decided to pass in the no-passing zone while the bus was still idling slow (even still had on his stop sign).

After the old Chevy does that, I hear a siren. It's obviously a police siren, and i'm looking all around me, trying to see which way I should pull over. The bus stops immediately and the Impala in front of me, as I now see, is an undercover police officer :shock::-D . He pulls over the Suburban and undoubtedly packs him with a couple of hefty fines.

It just brings some perspective to you. It did me. :)

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Nice. I have seen everything from ford tauruses set up as unmarkeds. I try not to speed anyways, but it sure is nice seeing jerks like that getting popped!

Guest Thurem
:twak: I'll tell you, I daily drive the slowest car on the planet, a n/a diesel Mercedes, and I get cut off continously. I don't drive it slowly

Bet you could fit a 350 into that :twisted: .

Thure

we were coming home and some idiot in a M3 was going like 70 on the suburban streets, he almost ran some guy in a corolla off the road went screeching around the corner... right in front of a police car. hehe, i guess hes not gonna be driving that m3 for a while

Here's how I look at it:

When we were kids, and rode on a bus (assuming you did) some other people get their turn at driving behind the bus and stopping (at every house) as the bus did. Now, we're all grown up with kids (maybe) and it's OUR turn to be behind the bus so (our) kids can have a safe ride to/from school. I still feel better when the bus turns off the road at the first street tho. :wink:

That's just the way most things work. Even when it's your/my turn to be stupid. I just try to be stupid less often and to a lesser extent.

Either way, everybody gets their turn. Try to be smart about it.

Guest Iceickle

The only car undercover cops use in my town is a neon green Commodore SS, so it kinda stands out :shock: I have caught it following me a couple of times, no doubt doing a rego check on my 260Z, cuz it use to look really patch with grey/green undercoat. Now i have it sprayed black primer... looks really mad :D will get some pics soon.

Guest comeandzpa

There are a lot of undercover Impala's here. They can be really hard to pick out, you have to look at the wheels. Which is tough if they are in front of or behind you. Best bet is to just not speed, and not pass buses in a no passing zone.

Guest BigWhyteDude

around here the sherrifs department uses a 2001 Pontiac grand-prix for an undercover car. Oh yeah they also is a 2003 Chevy silverado. i saw

a guy get pulled over by them one time it was funny as hell.