HybridZ

ready to fix hail damage-yea I live in Texas!

Ferd/289

:evil: I have a bunch of hail dents on my 300ZX . I am thinking that some dents will respond to paintless dent repair process with a glue dent puller which I own. :oops: The rest that I cannot get to underneath with bondo or the like.

A while back someone told me about a body filler good for about 1/8 inch depth and no more, and I am thinking its a bare metal body 'glaze' which is used on bare metel to fill sanding nicks etc before primer. What I am thinking is to pull the hail dents out with a puller to above skin level, then smooth down to the level of the fenders as best I can. Then use the glaze filler and a flat file to level repair. Am I on the right track?

:?: What tools or fillers can you recommend?

Ferd

The whole idea with dry ice is that you moderately heat the hail ding or not if it is a warm day lets say 85 degrees. Then you merely place the dry ice on the ding and if the ding is not too deep ( plastic deformation for those structural design engineers ) the ding pops out. I have never done this myself but apparently it works at times.

Ferd

• 2 weeks later...

i think the reason the ding gets pops out is because when something gets cold it shrinks. so now when the dryice is placed on the ding the material will now shrink in a way and pull the dent up... the oposite reaction would happen in extream heat. like the effect of ur hands pruning u when your are in hot water.

yes tru... but faster in hot water cut hot water expands. grrr its just and example... and u gotta give me shit shit for it! lol...u got the point tho right?

Guest znow white

I saw that on a show called monster garage (that crazzy jesse james) They were working on a monster project and it had dents in the rooftop so one of the guests said he could fix it by an "old method" of heating the metal with a low flame welder and then cooling it with ice (he didnt use dry ice) but the funny thing is it didnt even work he made it worse :lol: