HybridZ

Top-End Performance comments on company

Nismo280zEd

yeah... but they still screwed me outta 43 bucks to ship it back to them

How did they screw you out of $43? That money went to the shipping company, Top End sure didn't get any of it. Are they charging you shipping to return the parts to you?

It is his fault that all that stuff didn't fit properly and he had to send it back. The business should take care of that.

Keep us updated. Hopefully it all works. If not, I have those Mikunis

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Returns on Weber Carbs or Conversions.

Defective or warranty items will be repaired or replaced as needed.

That's the related portion of the return policy as stated on the TEP website. It doesn't say anything about covering shipping costs to repair or replace defective items. Like it or not, he stated it up front. :?

Were it my business I would cover the shipping costs, but that decision is up to TEP in this case. To my eyes, he's upholding his part of the bargain. I used to have a friend who always said "Never let it be said that I didn't do the least I could do." Maybe Steve thinks the same way... :rolleyesg:

Keep in mind that race parts very commonly don't fit right out of the box. If I gave up on every part that took a little machining or extra effort to fit I think I'd have a stock Z. As another friend of mine used to say sarcastically, "Welcome to the world of high performance."

Jon

yes... they do have things in fine text to cover their ass, however you do not get that until after you have purchased the kit.. no where on their website does it say anything like that, or do they tell you on the phone. As for the shipping cost... he agrred on the phone that if any parts where damamged or incorrect he would re-imburse shipping, conviently they forogt about this verbal contract.

Anyway... All is said and done... the parts arrived Yesterday Friday afternoon, even though they were supposed to be here Tuesday at the latest. They ground a little off the manifold and fixed the throttle rod, they also provided a new intake gasket which is for a 240 (square ports)so i still have to adapt it, and shorter 10mm screws for the intake so the carbs can be properly bolted on.

All in all i'm happy i put up the fight for what is right, the company has been reported for mail fraud, and to the better business bureau, as well as Weber for selling their carbs in an unprofesional manner. I am still very disapointed in the kit, it was porely designed and should have never been sold. There are still issues that i have to fix regarding clearances, and linkages. Honestly i will never buy another product from their company.

The customer is to be treated with respect, however i was taken advantage of, lied to, and stepped on.

I hope this post serves as a warning to any person buying their products who does not live within driving distance from them.

On the happy note...

All i'm missing is a radiator and some wiring and i have my car back finally :D