HybridZ

L28ET + 84ECCS + Apex, Greddy or HKS fuel computers?

Sean73

Is anyone out there running this type of setup? I read in an earlier thread that these fuel computers won't work with the S130 ECCS, but what about the Z31 ECCS?

I see the MSA catalogue sells a HKS PFC F-CON for the Z31, so some of my question is already answered.

But what about the less expensive programmable units like the APEX Super AFR, Greddy E-Manage, or APEX Super AFC-II? These units can be had for under $300. If they could work with the Z31 ECCS, it could be the cheapest way to accurately control bigger injectors for high boost applications short of going all out for fully programmable ECU.

Sean

73 240Z, L28ET, T3/T04E, 84 ECCS, NPR IC

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bastaad525

So which of the 'piggyback' style computers is the best deal? Easiest to install? Best functionality? I'm still shopping around for when it comes time for round 2 of mods. I WAS going to go with either Megasquirt standalone or go cheap and get a Apex S-AFC off ebay.

But there sure are a lot of options out there....

Guest bastaad525

Hot damn the HKS S-AFR does a lot more than the Apex S-AFC does, from what I'm reading, and is like half the cost too (list prices, not counting the ebay prices).

oh wow I'm looking it up on ebay and it's even cheaper... $100ish not uncommon, cheapest I saw the Apex unit was double that easily... but the HKS looks so much smarter and more flexible... doesn't make sense. Also the wiring harnes for the HKS looks a bit more simple.

Does anyone know if the HKS S-AFR will work with 280ZXT ECCS? I know we kinda 'found out' that apparently the Apex would... but after seeing this I'm 80% on going with the HKS if it will work on my car...