HybridZ

Website back after long holiday!

zbuild

:D

Hi all,

Ive finally got my website back online. Some of the longer serving members might remember back in the distant past a site called "Zbuild" with a turbo'd yellow 240??

Ive changed the web address to http://www.240z.id.au

I had to strip it down and remove a lot of stuff as I now have to pay for its hosting :( I only put it up last night, so there could be a few little glitches. . .hope not though.

Cheers - Simon

Glad you're back. There's been some recent discussion about your diffmount design on this site.

One thing that occurs to me looking back at your site: you appear to have finished your car, and it stayed finished. No additional tweaks, customizations, modifications, etc? Did you start some other project car? Just been spending your time fishing?

Hi Jeromio!

I sort of dropped off the map due to business committments. . ..Ive still been tweaking though. I changed computers to a Motec M48 with an ignition expander. . .best thing I ever did, got me an extra 70Kw (93hp) without changing anything else! Also made it much more of a pleasure to drive. Im still having a running battle with a vibration, Ive had the tailshaft ballanced a couple of times and played around with my half shafts to no avail. .. .thinking about totally rebuilding my tailshaft with new components. . . I wish I had been fishing away the time . . .but no. . .Ive been working :( Ive just decided to get my priorities in order.

Gidday Sparky,

The cars still great fun to drive. . .Ive recently had another dyno and at 15psi it puts about 306hp to the rear wheels at 17psi about 370hp but is hopeless for traction. I run it on 15psi because even at that its a real handful. Ive been doing a bit of showing, picking up a few trophies here and there. Ive tidied up some of the show stuff and have a few little projects in the pipeline.

Zline - the bellhousing used is off a 260Z Im not sure if you guys in the states saw the 260Z ??? but you remove the 2 front bearings from the silvia box's shafts and replace them with 260z ones, then releive a bit of aluminium from the casting of the bellhousing where the bearings fit (because the gears are wider and foul on the castings) and then bolt it together. If you get the right silvia box, the gearstick even comes out the same hole. You also need to make up a new rear mount and make up a new tailshaft. Good box though, Ive given mine a reasonable caning and its holding up. The bearings are getting a wee bit noisy but thats to be expected.

Cheers - Simon

Looks good, I was wondering about that site...

there are some links that don't work thought.... like the visitors cars, and Z's and Leyburn links.... but that may be the ones you removed.... if so, just need to remove the links...

Fronts are as follows:

240K Datsun hubs with Toyota calipers. The calipers have had a spacer put inbetween each half to widen the gap (by 8mm) so Honda Legend rotors will fit between them. The Legend rotors have had the centre hole turned out to fit over the Datsun hub, the outside has had 10mm machined off to bring the diameter down to the same size as the Z rotors and 4 holes have been drilled to take the studs on the Datsun hub.

The rears are:

Early model skyline (I think Pintara are the same) rear disk rotors, calipers and caliper mounts have been used. The left caliper is on the right side and the right on the left so the bleed holes are at the top. The mounting bracket was modified by boring out the centre hole slightly, and welding up the four holes where it bolts on and repositioning them so the calipers sit at the top. 260Z handbrake cables were used. Ive used a Willwood proportioning valve on the rear, a 260C 1" bore master cylinder and a booster off an auto 260 (big)

Cheers - Simon

Hey man!

thanks for the reply...

I was wondering are the AU 240/260/280Z the same as the one in the US? also, which Silvia box did you use as I have access to quite a few of them ;)

Thanks again!

Daniel