HybridZ

370cc injectors in last night - Trackbound tonight

Jersey

I put the svo/mekur/t-bird 35# injectors in last night, twisted the AFM, and i think she likes the extra fuel. Seems to pull harder at WOT but the seat-of-the-pants dyno. We'll see tonight if weather holds out at the track. One slight problem.... two of the injectors are getting wet slightly out of the base of the plastic top caps right where it connects to the metal body of the injector. Tough luck because i bought them of ebay and obviously sold as-is. What's nice is that at WOT, the temp gauge now stays cool and she seems to pull a lot smoother all the way through the R's without the little bit of hesitation i used to get when approaching 5-6k with the 260cc's. I twisted the AFM gear 18 teeth and it seems to be working good. It even idles nice which was unexpected. I'll really need to focus on getting an WB 02 or at least a exh temp sensor to get it right.

they do make a big diff jersey you'll see in your quarter times i dropped like half a sec just from putting them in.Mine idled nice too had to turn the afm a bit more but it did run very well.I have the 420's now and my car still runs and idles nicely.Keep up posted i'm going to the track tomorrow wish me luck :)

Will do Scotty - good luck. Kick some @ss! I was really surprised when i started it up and it idled (after it warmed up) the way it did buy just adjusting the flapper tension. I figured i'd have to drill out the air bypass and adjust it as well but no need. I think the next step i will take performace wise to dump the stock T3 and going Hybrid. Winter project maybe. I think the 370's should be sufficient enough with my basic setup now but the 420's do sound nice :wink: What's your best 1/4? Since there aren't many Z's left here in NJ, and those that are don't usually take them to the track, maybe we can do like a virtual drag. My best ET was a 12.88@105.9 and best MPH was a 13.2@109.5. I'll try and post results tonight so you have something to blow me away by. Can't remember you posting track results but, if you're low 12's or 11's, i'd rather not compare results :D

thanks yo, jersey your right where i am in quarter times my best so far is a 12.86@109mph my best trap speed with a crappy launch was 110mph with my bum piston.I let off when it started spinning and got back into it still managed a 13.22@110.228mph :) so we are close.The last run with the 110 mph trap was at 20psi the only runi did at 20psi cuz i thought i broke the diff it was just a half shaft adpater came loose

Thanks Yo. Ummm...crappy launch - bum piston - spinning tires and still pulling 110mph eh? My Z seemd to be running good, except for bad hookup, for my 13.3-109mph run :shock: I think you're about to smoke me. ha. '73 240. My signiture shows my basic setup and also a link to the vidoe of my 12.88 run. BTW, i'm also close to sea level....a bit higher there in MI? :roll:

Joe, when i stated "Z's in NJ" and "never tackbound", you where excluded :-D Wish we could've hooked up one time this year. The V8Z is running, no? Come help me smoke some of these fart cans :wink: Hope you got the HG fixed on the turbo "hybrid" :shock: Sorry to hear about what happened up there after all that work you did to make it.

i hope to get vid of mine too i have one vid up but no sound if tony still has it on his site.All that was wrong makes me want to see what she can really do with a deicent launch and a good pistons :) I wish mine was a lite as your z mine weighed in at 2700lbs with out me and a full tank of gas.Joe should get his butt out there and represent :D

Cant wait to hear how you do. Hope all goes well for you tomorrow. And yeah JOE! :D Actually, i'm out for tonight. The two injectors that were getting a little wet, are now strating to drip so, no way i'm taking it to the track risking fire and...it just started drizzling here so the track is shut down for the night. So next friday night is the last night of the year they're open for night test/tune so i'll have to what 'till then. Joe...any chance possibly next week? I'd love to get a few Z's there to represent. More about the dripping injector syndrome... i realized when i received the two different sets of 4 - 370cc injectors from two different people that one set was stamped E5ZE-A3A and the other E5ZE-A3B, but they looked exactly the same, just one had a little thicker washer and a shorter pintle cap an vise-versa on the other set. I figured since these 370cc injectors could be had off of several different cars that this was a slight modification they did between the cars and i just received one set from an SVO and maybe one set from a Merkur. Once i cut the pintle caps off and modified them to work for the Z, they look exactly the same. Now i realized, the two that are leaking are the E5ZE-A3A's. The 4 B's that are in there are perfect and dry. And, last night after the install when i noticed one wet injector, i replaced it with another (only had 2 A's to replace it with) and it leaks as well. Think i'll have to make a new post to see if someone could tell me the correct # for the 370's that's stamped on the side of the injector. There is also a # stamped on the top of the injector that differs between the A's and B's. Maybe the A's cant handle the 40-60lb of fuel pressure? Damn. Nothings easy.

That would be great! We should get Scotty to stop by also. He could stop somewhere on the way for some beer! He has to pass at least one place on the 800+ mile ride. I figure it would be a good test to see if the other pistons hold up :D Just kidding man! But I do wish you lived closer, we need more Z guy's around here! Len, I'll shoot you a PM when I'm gonna be out in the garage to see if your available.

Joe

i wish i lived closer too looks like it's raining a bit here too but i have til 12 til they will call it off.They are also open tomorrow so if it rains today i'll get the car al set and then go tomorrow.If i could et a job like with justin or something i'd prolly move over there :D Althought new jersey has to have the stupidest road system i have ever seen no left turn screw that.Can't pump your own gas and emissions but from what joe has told me my car would be excempt cuz it's old enuf.Keep buggin him jersey get his car going so he has no excuse :wink:

Jersey

Your # really don't matter I have both. Out of the 11 injectors I ended up purchasing. I have 6 good one's. I e-mailed you with more info.

You are in good company with Scotty "the Man" miz :D He'll tell you what's up!

Good Luck Guy's

The other "Len"