HybridZ

if you have $150 what would you buy for your L28ET Z's?

Guest ON3GO

my grandma wants to buy me someing for my Z for my birthday, i said no, but she wants too. I dont want her to spend more the $150 bucks, she insists on more but i wont let her. any ideas?

i want something that will either make more power or something for the motor, like gauges or something.

any ideas at all..

mike

no, there around $180 or so.. i was think about that, but thats not really needed.. i can sit in my car and wait a min or 2 to shut the car off for now.

good idea though.. if i cant find anything ill just buy the GReddy one i want.

:)

mike

oh ya my bad... i dont no what i was thinking..

i was thinking of the Blitz ASTT Type X Turbo Timer. that was around $180 when it came out.. i just looked around i can get a GReddy turbo timer for under a 100....

ive been looking up too many parts today..

:)

mike

to be honest i dont think adjustable FPR is on the list thats getting put on my engine.

hmmm, who makes a nice one... i no Aeromotive does but i think its pricey...

im not sure about the pulleys but the electric fan im gonna have, i had to get that for my FMIC piping to fit.

mike

that i would like to do...

any tips or ideas?

i wouldnt even know where to start on that but would love to give it a shot.

i already made my own intercooler water sprayer but that was very easy to do.

i would be up for it if i knew where to start...

mike

I had a friend that used to have a page showing how to build your own (it even had an accumulator).

My 2000 Supercharged blazer had water/alcohol injection, but, it was pretty basic.

Basically it used the windshield washer resevoir to hold the water/alcohol mix and then used a pressure activated switch to actuate a motor that pumped the mix into the intake via a small jet...it worked pretty well.

hmm.. i would SOOO do that..

did it help any? could you feel the difference or notice a difference.

what kind of jet did you use?

i have nitrous jets laying around but those would be too small i would think.

also where would i get this? "pressure activated switch to actuate a motor"

hehe.. i would so do this.. im so board not having my Z here that i could just sit at home and do this non-top.

mike

Here's my idea:

Suggest something to your Grandma that costs like, $50 or so, and tell her it really costs $150. Then tell her you'll order it and she can pay you back. Then get the money from her and spend the difference on her!

It should satisfy your conscience and she gets you and herself something to boot.

eheh good idea the only thing is.. my grandma has everything, and i do mean everything... she is old dude.. like 91, and lives in this small house that my parents bought her... but yet she has everything she has ever owned in the house.... like theres no place to move its so cramped :)

mike

I'm about 90% positive you can get pressure activated switches at places like Autozone/Pep Boys. It just screwed into the intake plumbing and had two places for your electrical leads to connect to...just like a switch. Pressure would close the electrical portion of the switch. I want to say Bosch makes them in varying pressure models.

I've datalogged cars that have had water injection systems on them and can truthfully say that water injection is no hype. I datalogged a friends Eclipse that had water injection (the one I mentioned). I tried it with the injection and off and noticed a huge difference in the amount of knock (detonation) the engine produced under high boost levels.

You'll basically want to find a pump that can supply at least twice the amount of boost pressure you plan on running, plus a check valve.