HybridZ

turbo is really loud now

Guest ZmeFly

after my new ic install, i installed a porsche 944 ic with 2.25 inch mandrel bent plumbing and well now i can really hear that turbo wind up, it seemed subdued before but now it very audible.

when i had the thing apart i checked for shaft play and found there to be none to my surprise. very tight and free spinning.

is it just me? do i have anything to worry about or is it just the fact of the upgrade that now i can hear that air moving?

thanks for any support

:shock: that is kind of loud hehe, and yes i do enjoy it, it just now i cant be stealthy about messing with people. another thing i found that i had to do was seriously adjust the bov.

the po had it at the top of the 90 on the old j pipe about 8-10 inche before the turbo. i have the greedy type s bov, i had to have it really tight when was in that position.

now that its on the tb side like it should be ive had to turn it toward the soft 3.5 turns! seems to fuction pretty good now though. no more problems with it venting under low boost.

something as well i noticed is the boost comes on faaster as i suspected it would but its smoother as well if you understand what im saying. needless to say im really happy.

yo did you just cut off the stock dp to leave the flange to weld for your new dp or did you buy a new flange, if so where did you buy yours at.

I had my flange cut from mild steel at a local steel shop. (actually lockjaw did :D ) He traced the gasket and the shop cut it out. It's a better way to go since Steel is stronger than cast flange like the stock one and it's easier to weld steel to steel than cast iron to steel