HybridZ

volvo intercoolers

Guest szlash280z

Guest szlash280z

do volvo intercoolers like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33742&item=2439354961

have plastic end tanks? I looked up volvo coolers on here and there wasn't much info, but there was a good thread where I think scottieMiz mentioned his. He said that he kept blowing the end caps off or something. The end caps are the part where you connect the pipes right? blowing them off makes me think they are plastic.

I have a possible deal where I can trade one of my SPH 4 Helicopter Pilot helmets for a volvo intercooler, so I am trying to gain some info.

Guest Nic-Rebel450CA

Did you try asking the seller of that auction?

I think they look kind of like plastic. If you look carefully at the opening on the left (the one that sticks out at an angle) you can see the light shining through the material.

but if it were me i would stay away from them. they have plastic end tanks that are pressed agains the core just like most newer radiators are.

they are not quality made and are a bit restrictive. me personally you couldnt get me to put one of those on my car ever.

hehe a starion ic would be bettter then that!

if your looking for a stock ic from another car, i would say get either one from a supra (87-93 turbo), porsche 944 ( i have this one ) the porsche is a bar and plate unit, i think its excellent, the middle size isuzu NPR truck ic, another really good choice.

if you do a search for bumble Z he has one mounted in his 240ZT (its a 944 ic) just so you can see what im talking about.

I bought one of these this morning after talking to ScottieMIz about them. He used both the starion one and the volvo one and said the volvo one was better.

Yes they do have plastic end tanks, they look like theyre on there pretty good so as long as youre not running 18psi you should be fine.

I bought mine for $60, incase your helmet is worth more than that.

Guest szlash280z

I have one helmet on ebay right now, its got a few days left and it's going for $153 as of last time I checked. I am probably going to use the money I get from them to pay bills as I still haven't paid off what I already put into my car yet. If I use a second helmet to get the intercooler, then technically I didn't spend any money on it.

I NEED some kind of intercooler, mine is running without one and the superheated intake manifold really freaks me out. I have my mig welder now, I just need a part or two and I will be able to weld my own piping no problem. my wire feeder is missing the tensioner or something, but it still feeds the wire if you put pressure on the assembly though. anyone know where to get inexpensive argon bottles?

I am still running that intercooler.

I ran 18psi with a stock turbo, and am currently running 12 psi with my hybrid turbo.. never had a prob.

It seems to work very well...overheating has not been an issue yet.

I have no idea about pressure drop..

Oh and yea it is plastic...

Guest szlash280z

anyone have some pics of their volvo intercooler installs?

I think I will get it, it's the right price and there are enough of you guys that use it and don't say it sucks. so I will take that advise. thanks dudes!