HybridZ

POLL: best sounding engines

zguy95135

In order of precedence....DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!!

1) small block V-8, stock AND modified.

2(tie) Inline-6, modified with decent exhaust

2(tie) Boxer four, no exhaust (sounds almost like a harley)

3) stock inline 6 (sounds like a darn UPS truck)

4) boxer four, stock (sounds like a lawn tractor)

5) inline fours, stock and modified**

6) HONDA inline fours stock and modified**

** note that this poll was a poll on engine sounds, as in, which one sounds better...has NOTHING to do with POWER because I respect any engine with power, but hondaphiles, take note...I don't care if your friggin' B20 hybrid pumps out 500hp all motor(and 100lb ft of torque at 20,000 rpm) , it still sounds like crap! I totally respect any kind of fast machinery though, just don't try to pull BS saying a B-series with a coffee can farter sounds good...you're just telling yourself that because you made it fast!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I ever manage to get this damn turbo B-series motor in Honda, we shall see if it sounds good. It has a proper exhaust and the turbo should quiet it down some. I still say a 3 rotor rotary is one of the best sounding engines I've ever heard. You also forgot the awesome V12 and flat 12 sounds.

I was just going on the three choices they had, then added the inline fours in for good measure. The three rotors sound soo cool because of the 12 firing pulses, any V-12 simply needs no intro...but here's one that must be off the chain....The caddy SIXTEEN concept...ya know that prototype that was TWO LS1's put together...1000hp, 1000lb.ft., all motor, and with characteristic caddy smoothness! (would almost make getting...ummm....2mpg fun!)

Guest 81na ZX

Turbo B series still don't sound too good...

But the worst engine I've ever head is a NA rotary with an open exhaust. I know, cause I used to have one :D Sounds like a commerical lawn mower :D