HybridZ

What do you guys think??

Guest 240hybrid

Guest 240hybrid

I picked up my turbo today so that I could fabricate my downpipe and wanted to see how you guys thought it will perform/spool. I'm not a guru on the subject of turbos, but I talked with Jim Thompson over the trim and specs of the turbo, and we decided on a T3/T4E with a 56 trim and .70 A/R from Garret. The car will be mainly street driven, but I want to go auto crossing with it also. Do you guys think that I made a good choice in going along with his recommendations?

Also when I make the flange that goes on the downpipe (flange that bolts to the turbo) what thickness of steel should I use? I was thinking 1/4", but I believe that will be too thin, am I right and should I go for a 3/8" to 1/2" thickness for the downpipe flange. Thanks Chase

Guest 240hybrid

I went a picked up 3/8" steel for the flange, and I cut my flange :? , boy was it fun. So I went to my fathers office where he keeps the welder, and I pull the .023 I was using for body work out and go to install the .030 for the heavier welding....the damn wire won't feed! Low and behold his office workers have bent the inner liner that goes in the gun hose all to hell after bending the hose to much. I tried straightening it out, but it looks like I'm force to to buy a new liner for the feed line. :x

Well, if I can find a supply store that has the correct liner for the hose, I'll weld that sucker up tomorrow evening.

As for my fuel system, I already installed 3/8" aluminum return and supply that are very well braced. I put 3/8" ID hose around the aluminum line and used P clamps around that, so Im almost 100% they will never rub through. I'm have a 75 280 tank in the car to prevent leaning in hard corners, 420 cc injectors along with a new fuel rail/log. I don't have the fuel pump yet though, but will make sure its up to the job.

Guest 240hybrid

I thought about using the stock cast iron flange, but isn't that a 3 bolt flange?? I have a 4 bolt flange....I finished my 3/8" steel one I made, but wasn't happy with it. So I took 2 pieces of 1/4" I already had and doubled those up to create a 1/2" flange. Looks pretty good so far, I welded my 2 pieces of 3" pipe together and welded, but ran out of wire when I started welding the flange to the pipe. Im going to finish it tonight and will have pics tonight or early morning to post in my album.

Chase

Guest 240hybrid

I was wondering about the number of bolts on the stock DP, I thought I have seen some with 3. I might be imagining things :roll: Heck, I didn't have the money to go get burned at ZcarAtlanta for a stock downpipe anyways....damn con-artist. I happy overall with the outcome, it could be smoothed out in a few places, but I'm not going to worry about it.