HybridZ

Heavy duty U joints

510six

I tried them all everyone broke easier then the stock ones. The metal looks like pot metal and probably is not hi quality. I went a year with the stock ones and with no problems till i broke one. After that i broke the "heavy duty" one easier.... i would recommend get havshfts that still have good original u joints.....

I am familiar with Spicer joints, although not the ones used on Z's in particular. The newer "Snap Tite" units (not a reference to the models for 6 year olds) have a forged cross, and you can get them with no zerk fittings. That would be the best, although like I said I'm not sure if you can get them for a Z.

Jon

I have yet to break a Nissan U joint.I canott same the same for the Neapco units and I have had a friend of mine break Spicers.My option as far as the stock half shafts are becoming limited.As my 510 is slighty narrower than a 240z I will have to have custom length axels fabricated I am thinking about using Nissan R-200 inner cv`s and Porsche 930 turbo cv`s for the outers.