HybridZ

WH-eely need help...I think my 83ZXT is poor man's Etype!

Guest jjohart

Guest jjohart

Hi, I'm operating on a fantasy that my 83 ZXT is a poor man's E type, and I'm trying to dress it up in that part. Specifically, I'm trying to find 16" WIRE wheels with knock-offs (which are what, I believe, are those round things with a couple of wings mounted in the center of the wheel.

Dayton wheels will custom design them for $450 each, but I'm trying to find cheaper alternatives that may/or may not be converted relatively easily. I'm not having any luck b/c of the old, specific to car wheel dimensions of my car, against those wheels which have indy type hubs, or are otherwise made for their own ilk (cars of their own era and specific design).

Please notify me if there are any other options..including adapting spider or basket weave styles. I've got til next spring to decide, but I AM likely to be using 215 55 16's at that point, either Michelin Pilot A/S or Pilot cups, or next generation Pilot, or Bridgestone S-03s'. Speaking in that vein, I have trouble figuring which is the best tire for awesome handling AND plush ride=GT? Maybe I should just buy a Jaguar, right=WRONG!!

John-83 280ZXT, NPR I/C & 3" exhaust going on nxt. mo., Greddy Prefec 2, HKS air/fuel computer, xenon/H1+H4 lighting, Exedy clutch, Nimso brakes. Running around ea.MA through winter in Michelin Pilot Alpins!

Jon’s right. The spokes added 60lbs to my ride. Unsprung rotating weight… the worst kind.

But if you have to have them… I was lucky and found three Cragar Tru-spokes at a used wheel place for cheap. The forth cost me $250 CDN. The spinners (knock offs) came from the same company.

Cheers…:::Glenn

Guest BigWhyteDude

oh lol im stupid :bonk: . I though yall were talkin about putting a set of wire spoke wheels on a Z. Forgive my stupidity,ive been fighting a losing battle with the flu and bronkidus (SP) for a little over a week. :lol:

Guest jjohart

Umm, jeesh, I had no idea these things could have so much weight on em'!

I guess I'll stick to finding something else that fits in a 16" size...local distributors have NOTHING that fits my aspect/four bolt pattern.

Do I HAVE to go to custom ordered wheels in order to get 16"? Its not like I have a size complex or somethin...but all the latest rubber doesn't come in the 15" on my Turbo!

Thanks for some of those really funny replies!!The rest tell me I must be crazy to put wire wheels on!

John