HybridZ

COPS FOUND THE STREET RACERS!

Guest Joe017

so im sitting here on my computer and all of a sudden i hear a burn out from off in the distance. next thing i know i can hear the cops! wow. another one bites the dust. isnt that how it goes?

sometimes the street racers race around the backroads near my house, a couple of weeks ago they had decided to go after them. i could hear all the burnouts and the police ran them down. also two kids got killed when they were racing down a big hill in my area, they spun out and rolled over multiple times after hitting the curb at over 100mph. since then then they've been cracking down

yeah. street racing is deadly. and it sucks. people should just go to a track! 2 mustangs were racing down this street by my friends house a couple months ago. this street is very long, wide and has huge slow hilly turns. but when your going 100+ mph the become fast hilly turns. the mustange 5.0 got a lil air. lost tracktion andslamed into the curb. tired riped off. the whole 9 yards. not my cup of tea.

i see it all the time, i don't understand why people dump money into their cars and go race them on the street, first of all insurance doesn't cover mods, and anyways, insurance doesn't help you if your dead, let alone if you hurt someone else! that would be awful :|

first of all insurance doesn't cover mods

Actually if you have your car appraised I think it does cover mods. My insurance company told me that anyways. So when my car is all "finished" I can have it appraised and it will be covered for that amount. Although I think my insurance will go up but I think its worth it considering all the time and money that I have put into it!

Guy

Depends on the mods and your insurance company etc... Certain mods are covered. When I looked into insurance about a week aog I was told that everything I do is covered if I have receipts or pictures and a appraisal always helps. Certain things have limits though like they will only cover $1000 for stereo equipment. As for the street racing, people who street race especially at those speeds are asking for something.

Somewhat related to topic. Yesterday a car pulled into my drive way and passanger got out to look at our house address (cant see from the street) found it was wrong house (as I was looking wondering who these people are) got back into their car and backed out of the drive way. About a second later a local idiot (went to school with the guy) in his supercharged etc... stang and a truck came racing around the blind corner down the street and the stang had to screech to a stop to not rear end the guy. The Truck swirved over the double solid line and around the stang and other car. All this is a residential zone AND I have a 'warning school zone' sign outside my house since school zone is about 100 ft away. People like have more balls then brains.