HybridZ

TH350 fit

Guest Your Car is Slow

Guest Your Car is Slow

Ok..just a qucky.

Will a TH350 fit in the trans tunnel (behind an LT1) without major modification? I havent gotten the trans yet (sitting on a pallate somewhere) so I dont have anything to measure...but id like to get started on the trans tunnel now.

Do the mounting "bumps" have to be chiseled/grinded/cut off? BFH required for the delicate details?

Or will it fit as is?

There will be no exhaust going towards the back of the car (mmm..turbo dump)...so space for that isnt a concern...just the trans and fuel/brake lines.

Guess I should have mentioned its a 70 240z eh? :)

Took the words right out of my laptop. I remember the JTR book mentioned the same thing concerning the auto 350 or even the 400's . No overdrive which means high rpm on Hwy; more vibration also means bad gas mileage. I'd suggest a 86 or newer 700-R4 (4L60) Remember the 94 or newer 4L60-E are electronically controlled and require a computer. Since you have a Lt-1 you may already have a auto tranny computer for your EMS.

Guest Your Car is Slow

Thanks!!

What made you decide to swap the 350 for the 400? That thing is SO heavy and sucks so much power out (then again with a TT 383 I guess thats not a concern at this point eh?)

I dont plan on launching the car on slicks (DRs only)...with it being so light I cant imagine even it would take every bit of power a 400 would and send more of it to the rear tires :)

HAAA...TurboMeister...whyd you delete that? :(

I didn't know your strictly planning 1/4 till after I posted. That's why I was quoting JTR concerning the 350 and 400 tranny's. Yea 400's are heavy. Myself I plan on a T-56 when I can get some of these other projects along with a bunch of honeydo's completed!

Guest Z-rific

You may need to hammer out the transmission tunnel a little. But it will definitely fit. Make sure you have good clearance all around, as high torque and body flex may cause rubbing.

Guest Your Car is Slow

its a 1/4 mile only car...but not a 1/4 mile track only car.

I didnt think id want to drive a glide on the street....even just going to and from a race :)

ALthough if the 350 doesnt work out...a glide is something id consider.

Itll work! I may go that route later....since Ill probably only race mine and do an ocassional Sonic run. By the way Mike thanks for the hospitality at Cedar Hill. You guys are a class act and I enjoyed the visit. The drive home sucked however...lol. Yeah I forgot to ask about the rotisseri. Oh well dont worry about it as it would be too much trouble to get it now I think. Have a safe move!!!

CZ