HybridZ

Who Says Size Doesn't Matter???

Warren

Guest szlash280z

what type of material is that? the 3" pipe they used on my exhaust is thick and heavy steel. what are you guys with intercoolers doing about those rods that are connected to the hood from left to right? they look like they will be in the way when I do my intercooler.

Shane,

That's a nice intercooler, but not the same. Mine I believe is a little taller, and not quite as wide. This one says "HYBRID Super Intercooler" on the top, which will be the bottom when I mount it. And you're absolutely right about the hood tension rods. TRASH 'em.

Since I've had the MSA/HKS Intercooler mounted in there before, the holes are already there, just need to make them a bit larger. The piping will run differently than what you have on your's Shane, and it might have to be mounted on a slant, instead of straight up and down, simply because of the K&N Conical filter.

Guess you'll just have to wait to see the pics once it's mounted.

BTW, the picture shows the intercooler upside down, the inlet and outlet are supposed to be on the bottom, since heat rises, and I'm trying to figure a way to mount it that way (with the inlet and outlet on the bottom). I'll have to give up having tow hook loops to do that though (Can you say, whoopty doo???)

Warren

BTW, the picture shows the intercooler upside down, the inlet and outlet are supposed to be on the bottom, since heat rises, and I'm trying to figure a way to mount it that way...

Warren,

Yes heat rises, but considering the velocity that the air is moving inside the intercooler, it's not goint to make much of a difference wich way you mount it in that respect. Once the warm air is inside the core, it is not going to rise to the top of the core considering the design of it.

A good friend of mine said that you do want the inlet of the intercooler to be inline with the part of the intercooler that is shown through your air dam (if some of it is hidden) if possible.

!M!

Here´s a picture of my I/C:

http://speedfreak.nu/albums/albuo82/aae.jpg

It´s from a Scania bus...

Had to modify it and the rails and the surrindings around the headlight buckets and even the hood to make it fit.

I´m using 2 3/8" piping, and with custom header and twin turbo there´s no noticable lag, and the outlet from the I/C is ICE-cold (well, almost).

Here´s some more pictures: (not completely done in these pics)

http://speedfreak.nu/albums/albuo04/aab.sized.jpg

http://speedfreak.nu/albums/albuo82/aaf.jpg

That's a nice intercooler, but not the same. Mine I believe is a little taller, and not quite as wide.

I did not mean the same brand but same size, my core is 24x12x3.

Hey Shane, how's that beastie been running for you down in the flatlands? We at HAI sure miss the show your car puts on; I'm afraid mine isn't quite up to filling your leftover shoes yet. I did get my 12 finally though

Hi nathan, congrats on your 12 :D Your car is more than capable of a show!! hey at least your are man enough to stay with the 5speed. Mycar is still running pig rich, i came down 3000+ ft in elevation and the car still has too much fuel. guess i was running real rich in denver.