HybridZ

ALCHOHOL IN GAS

Corzette

an alcohol engine is jetted with double the size carb jets than a gas motor.engine will run lean.plus alcohol attracts water and condensates in your crankcase.it swells fuel lines.avoid this stuff-its for race cars that are torn down alot.run good gas and build a not to high compression engine.some guys shoot nitrous with alcohol or nitrous with an auxilary gastank filled with race gas.if you have a good cooling system.aluminum heads,and watch your ignition advance curve you can run about 10 to 1.

Try searching for tolulene or toluol, we had this discussion about a month ago. Here's the quick version. You can mix race gas with regular, run toluol or xylol (aka tolulene or xylene) mixed with gas to get your octane up. Toluol is already in your gas from the pump, but it is 114 octane so you can mix 1 gal to 5 gallons of gas to get about 96 octane. Xylol is 118 octane.

I've run race gas, xylol, and toluol all with good results. Supposedly you can run up to 35% xylol or toluol with no ill effects.

Jon

Guest storm280z

might want try..

im in dallas an i lot of the supra guys(need i say more) run

50% 93 octane

25%race gas

25% paint tinner

i dont know if you guys have heard of this b4 when that told me it was the first time i hsve heard of anything like that